Saturday, March 28, 2009

Davao City’s Best Siopao: Kuilan's

I never leave Davao without a box of my all-time favorite KUILAN’S SIOPAO! So when I went back to Manila yesterday, I just had to get a box. I swear once you go Kuilan’s, you’ll never even dare eat another brand of siopao. Made fresh every day, Kuilan’s Siopao is probably the most filling siopao I have ever tasted. The size is just right and you definitely won’t feel cheated once you take a bite. Unlike most siopao’s, Kuilan’s is smaller in size but bigger in the filling. I like siopaos that have an egg inside and Kuilan’s boiled egg is definitely freshly cooked. Definitely no air pockets inside, Kuilan’s is overstuffed to your heart’s content for only 9.00 pesos apiece. It’s so good by itself that’s why it doesn’t need any of those sauces that other regular siopaos come with. So if ever you’re in Davao City, skip the usual Durian Candy and explore other culinary delights that the city has to offer. Kuilan’s Siopao is also one pasalubong that’s uniquely Davao.

By the way, they're closed on Sundays.

Kuilan Foodhaus(Main Branch)
Dacudao Avenue near Opal St. Agdao, Davao City
Tel No: (082) 227-6416, 226-8320, 221-8511

Kuilan Branch
#24 Acacia St., Juna Subd, Matina, Davao City
Tel No: (082)297-1770

1 comment:

yvonthea said...

you should also try their cassava.. I just had one yesterday and it is really good.