Saturday, September 11, 2010

Back to Blogging!

Hello Blog Readers! Wow I just realized that my last post was almost half a year ago already. I was so busy and I have this website to blame: www.mypetchannel.tv 

Whoever said that having your own business means you can now have control of your time obviously doesn't know what they're talking about. Anyway, in short work has kept me from my blog so here's a quick update on what happened for the past 6 months since my last post.

TailRunners Ambassador REEMA CHANCO and her Sophie.
TV Host Joaquin Valdez and his dog tailing behind.

April -- This was TAILRUNNERS month! It was a success -- we had 300+ dogs in the first ever dog marathon in the country. Click HERE for more action photos! So that really knocked us down. My husband and I were so tired from that event so we took a vacation and went down to Bohol and Davao.

May -- During our break, I fell in love! So we had to bring home this little sweetheart. Her name is Gringa Girl. She's a mixed-breed -- a mix of terrier, chihuahua, spitz, cat, human, (hehe)... for easier reference, we proudly tell people she's an Aspin! We adopted her from Bohol. And now she's our pampered princess!

Gringa Girl @ around 3 months when we adopted her
This is our pretty Gringa Girl last Aug. 7
@ her very first PAWS Aspin Club event.
June -- We agreed to be an online media sponsor of this pet event but almost didn't because we learned that they were "raffling out toy dogs!" We were like WTF?! Pets are not prizes! So we advised the organizer not to push through with it (raffle) especially since they were supposed to be supporting CARA Welfare (Compassion and Responsibility for Animals). Being new to the whole pet event industry, the organizers needed some education on animal welfare. We communicated to them our concerns and everything was settled. We really hope that none of these circumstances will ever happen again... even if SPONSORS insist!

MyPetChannel.tv's cameraman is also MTV's former cameraman.
Here Tengie meets old friend former MTV VJ Donita Rose at the Daddy's Pet event.
July - August -- Now these months were all about our EVENTS! We had the grueling "Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore" Mall Tour and Movie Premiere! We hit 7 malls. Click HERE for more photos.

My husband's new career -- event hosting! :-)
Another reason to fall in love with him. hehe.
Hey Gringa looks like Diggs the German Shepherd! LOL!

Celebrity Animal Welfare Advocate REGINE TOLENTINO
and her family at the Red Carpet Movie Premiere!
And then aside from the whole Cats & Dogs craziness, I don't know how we found time to do VANITY FUR: The 1st Tiendesitas Inter-Salon Dog Grooming Competition but well... we did!


September -- Since we were so stressed out and traumatized from the events and all the other promos we were having on our website, we took a break and just celebrated my birthday quietly (meaning shutting off all work related calls and matters) and started the first few hours of my 32nd year laughing my guts out 'til 5am watching a marathon of my new favorite TV show "Modern Family".

This is my version of the Modern Family!
Ugh, hate it when the flash does that :(
Anyway this was during brunch after we woke up.
My husband surprised me with my favorite cake.
So those were the highlights of the past 6 months.
Here's the BIG NEWS... We are moving to Davao City for good! We're very excited. We know it's going to be good for business (the pet event market suddenly became saturated in Manila) and most of all good for my family. We can't wait to bring Gringa out often to play and run... on the beach... on  parks... We can't wait for the good (and cheap) food... the fruits... the fresh air... the opportunities are endless! We thank God for opening this door for us. I definitely have a lot to blog about in the next few weeks so watch out. :-)

No comments: