Friday, March 5, 2010

Reema Chanco to run with Golden Retriever Sasha @ MyPetChannel's "TailRunners: The Metro Dog Run 2010!"

Feb. 28, 3AM. Just when I was beginning to drift into sleep, my husband woke me up.Waaah...

Joseph and I are used to having busy Sundays, considering all our activities in our church, but this particular Sunday was definitely going to be a longer one. The schedule: Pick up my mother-in-law and bring her to the airport for her 4AM flight to Tagbilaran, then at 5AM, meet up with videographer Dan Pamintuan and his crew at San Miguel by the Bay (SM MOA), then at 6AM expect the arrival of Janine Ngo, Marketing Manager of Pet Express and her Dachshund Impulse, and Reema Chanco and her Golden Retriever Sasha. The agenda: To shoot the first batch of viral videos for our first big event for 2010 -- "TAILRUNNERS: THE METRO DOG RUN 2010!"

I'm not a morning person but I ain't complaining because our pet project's finally wagging its tail!

The moment we confirmed Royal Canin as one of our co-presenters for the event, my fingers got busy contacting celebrities who would make great Ambassadors for the project. Nobody else comes to mind who would be best to promote Canine Cross Training but Reema Chanco. I've known Reema since her MTV VJ Hunt days backn 2003 and I could even remember Sasha back then. She used to bring him a lot during the competition challenges.

To be honest I was rooting for Reema back then. She had that thing in her that was just more sincere than the others. I just knew that she had that "MTV factor" in her. But well I wasn't one of the judges so I don't really know what happened. At least they still made a good choice with Patty Laurel. She was my 2nd pick actually. :-)

But it all turned a full circle when years later Reema finally became an MTV VJ. Unfortunately I wasn't with MTV anymore at that time so I didn't have the privilege of directing her. That Sunday was actually going to be sort of my first time to do so.

I e-mailed her about the Dog Run event, she was excited. I was equally thrilled. Since her schedule's going to be packed in the coming week, we immediately booked a shooting date for the viral video campaign. This was a Friday. Janine from SM Pet Express didn't have enough time to get a permit from Mall of Asia so  we did what we had to do -- shoot guerilla style! It was more fun that way actually.

We shot the video on HD wide screen aspect and it came out splendid. We can't wait to upload the other viral videos featuring other celebs. Who are they? Now that's something you'll have to find out very soon. In the meantime, check out this teaser vid featuring Reema Chanco and Sasha.

No comments: